Saturday, September 17, 2011

1 day to 13 weeks!

I haven't posted in a couple weeks, mainly because I've been really tired in the evenings and trying to deal with the nausea. I've had a few good days, but then a couple bad ones where I couldn't go to work, and my new OB decided to prescribe me zofran. Zofran is amazing, it totally takes away the nausea and lets me feel like a normal person again. I can open the refrigerator without being on the edge of gagging, i can sneeze without triggering vomiting, and I can eat! The only problem with zofran is constipation. Sorry if this is TMI for everyone, but ugh, it really slows everything down and no matter how much fiber I eat, nothing happens. So I also started taking a stool softener and today there was progress!

Last night I had a baby dream. My first baby dream since I've been pregnant! It made me SO happy, like my baby was talking to me. In my dream, my baby was a little girl. I wonder if my body is trying to tell me something! :)

This past monday we had our NT scan. We were looking forward to the ultrasound part and trying to not think too much about the NT part. Fortunately, the fluid in the back of baby's neck measured within the normal range, but they can't say for 100% that all is ok until they get my blood work back. So, we're waiting for that and trying not to think about it.

In the ultrasound the baby was sleeping at first and then I think we must have woken her up because she started moving all around and kicking. It was pretty cool. The funniest part was at the end of the ultrasound when she turned her back to the ultrasound wand and it was like she was trying to say, I'm done, let me sleep!

I'm still not showing, maybe just a bit chubbier feeling in my belly, like I've been overeating (similar to the belly I got during IVF stims). My skinny pants are finally getting tight (I had lost a couple pounds due to all the morning sickness and seem to be gaining it back again) so I might actually go out and buy one of those bella bands that I have heard so much about!

One thing I find very confusing is that pregnancy books classify the end of the 1st trimester at different weeks. According to some books I'm now in the 2nd trimester; according to my OB it starts on week 13, and according to What to expect, babycenter.com, and thebump.com it doesn't start until week 14! I just wish they would all get on the same page. I find it annoying. You'd think they'd have figured that out by now.

2 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW. Congrats on your pregnancy!! I love reading about pregnancies, looking forward to reading about your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete