I'm at the halfway point and I feel like pregnancy is starting to get fun.
19 week ultrasound:
We found out this week at our ultrasound that we're having a boy. :) We're very excited (we would be excited either way). They said his growth is right on track and there were no defects or soft markers seen. The only potential issue is that the umbilical cord has a single artery (instead of two) which could lead to growth restrictions later in the pregnancy, but my OB says they will keep a close eye on his development with extra ultrasounds and fetal non-stress tests.
Belly:
Finally, finally have a belly. It's getting fun to have it pop out so much. I find myself occasionally hitting things with it, like at my dresser, where I'm used to be able to lean much closer than what I can do now.
Kicks, tumbles, poking:
Baby boy moves around a lot and it feels so cool and so weird all at once. I look forward to it every day and find myself mentally noting when he kicks and how much. It feels like someone flicking me from inside or like when a cat kneeds me with his paws except its from inside. Sometimes he totally changes positions and one side of my belly bulges and i can feel his little body for a couple seconds. Sigh. Love it!
Morning Sickness, the gift that keeps on giving:
Well I would be a totally liar if I said it was gone. I'm feeling super good one day and then I feel like total yuck the next. The new thing is that now I can make it about 3 days without zofran and usually I feel pretty good the entire time. Even on these good days I still wake up every morning with a hint or small dose of nausea, but if i eat enough I can usually make it hit the road. But then comes the evening of day 3 or day 4 and my stomach is not happy. Thank goodness for zofran.
My doctor's office also recommended I try Unisom for my middle of the night nausea. I tried it last night and it let me sleep all night long. I only woke up once to pee and then at 6:30 (usual wake up time) to do my morning anti-nausea routine of apple juice and dry cereal. I had been having problems where I would wake up at 2 am every 2 hours until wake-up time because of the nausea.
Weight:
According to my OB I am not gaining enough weight (as of 19 weeks I was only up 2.8#s from my pre-pregnancy weight). So I am supposed to eat, eat and eat some more. And snack all day long on nuts, dried fruit and yogurt. Mainly things that are high in fat and protein. At this point she just wants to see me gain weight, so eating ice cream and full-fat yogurt are ok. So far I've managed to gain about 2#s in four days and hope to keep this going. Who knew that eating could be so hard! Its amazing how this morning sickness is hanging around long enough to make eating so rough and even when i feel ok i don't even feel like eating. Normally when not pregnant I would have no problem gaining weight and love eating.
1097th Friday Blog Roundup
10 hours ago

A boy! Yay! And so glad everything looks good. :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you are still dealing with nausea...I am too...I keep trying to quit the Zofran and end up miserable.
And I hear you about the eating...so unfair the one time in our lives we're supposed to eat, eat, eat it's just not very appealing. Sounds like you are doing well with the weight gain, though...good for you...