Wednesday, November 10, 2010

TMI rant(s) + waiting for the results...

ugh, i have the longest most awfullest period ever. i hate this stupid polyp because it is making my period such a nightmare! I am on cycle day 10 and sick of waking up to stained underwear and sheets because my overnight pad has not managed to catch everything. i also keep getting the biggest clots ever, quarter sized, and just so gross because i can feel them sliding out of me. ARGH. i hate you polyp!

so i made an appointment to have the polyp removed. the irony of this situation is that i have to wait until my period is over to get the polyp removed, but my period seems to be never ending, so i just made an appointment for next week and am crossing my fingers that my period will end this weekend.

on to part two of my rant, which has to do with our new RE office. Mr. R went in last week to do SA#2 and they told him that the results wouldn't be in for about 7-10 days. I can't believe the 7-10 day wait part, but I am willing to deal with it. The part that really pisses me off is that I called for the results after about the 3rd day (because really, I don't understand why it takes them 7-10 days, don't they have to test the sample immediately??) and the nurse told me that in order to get the results we had to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR TO GET OUR RESULTS. Seriously?? An appointment with the doctor costs $200+. We just paid $125 for a SA and you can't just tell us the results?? This totally pisses me off to no end.

Thankfully we have an appointment with a fertility urologist in early december followed by an appointment with the RE again so we will eventually know the results, just not as soon as we'd hoped.

i think that was my entire rant... sigh. 

1 comment:

  1. You do NOT have to pay $200 to get the results of your husband's SA. Those are YOUR medical records and they have to release them to you. That is such a rip off. I would not make a special appointment just to go over the SA. There would have to be other reasons. But, that's just me and I am kind of over doctors trying to do things in ways I don't approve. Thanks for your comment. I hope you are able to get your polyp removed soon. That sounds really painful. I am sorry you are going through that.

    Hugs,
    Emby

    ReplyDelete