- Baby's growth is on track and in the 21st percentile. So far no signs of growth restriction from the single umbilical artery.
- My cervix is still long and closed at >3.6 cm. Placenta looks good. Amniotic fluid looks good.
- Contractions are still happening, but my OB says that as long as they aren't dialating or shortening my cervix I should be ok. I'm taking Procardia XL 60 mg 2 times a day and she says that we can up the dose if the contractions start happening more often. So that is reassuring.
- Bedrest: My OB said that I could start working part time again as long as the rest of the time I stay on bedrest. The first day back was the hardest because I was having contractions more often, but once I got home things seemed to chill out. My OB's rule is that I need to call in if I get 4-6 contractions an hour that continue to happen and don't die out.
- Weight: I'm still fighting to keep my weight up and up. I know, it sounds like SUCH a problem, but really, I'm not gaining the pound a week I need to even though I eat protein milkshakes, high fat yogurt, brownies, etc etc. So I have to keep working at it especially because of the probability of the baby becoming growth restricted as he gets bigger (because of the single umbilical artery). So I am trying my best to eat all the time because I want him to have the best chance possible!
Outrage Machine
14 hours ago

Glad to hear the baby is doing good. Sucks about the contractions but hopefully those will eventually stop till the baby is really ready to come out. Take care and enjoy the bed rest while you still can.
ReplyDelete