| My blood sugar testing kit. |
OB appointment went well today... I had an NST which I had two contractions and then the baby's heartbeat decelerated and accelerated, but I guess my OB wasn't concerned because she said all looked good.
My OB and I are frustrated because since I started the GD "diet" I've stopped gaining weight. I'm having a hard time because I can only eat so much during a meal and then I have to wait 2 hours to eat again (so that i can get an accurate blood sugar reading) and by the time 2 hours rolls around I AM STARVING. So, she wants me to tell the GD nurses that I am to do my readings at 1 hour so that I can get my testing in and then start my usual grazing. I've also been getting hungry in the middle of the night which isn't good either. A hungry pregnant woman is no good! Especially when she is trying to gain weight!
Anyway, tonight I was annoyed at the whole GD thing and I decided to just follow my cravings at dinner time. (Up until now I've been sooo good and my readings have all been good.) It was great, fish and chips, some coke (i resisted and only drank 1/4 of the glass), a piece of sourdough bread, and some salad. But, 2 hours later my blood sugar was 140, waaaay over the 120 limit. Oops. But I still feel full and am not insanely hungry. Sigh. I just can't win! Maybe the coke and bread just put me over the top?

Ick that sucks you have to deal with that, but just think 10 more weeks! Then all of that will just be a memory :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you figure it out because being hungry doesn't sound fun at all! I bet it was the coke...
ReplyDeleteI'm worried about not gaining weight on the GD diet, too. I try to eat so carefully and limit portions etc. and am just hoping I'm getting enough food! A coke sounds sooooooo good. I haven't "cheated" yet (except grapefruit juice everyday, but I don't consider that cheating because it's heathy and I'm craving it soooooo much and I only have 1/2 a cup and my BG level is fine afterwards. And the dietician said I could have it, although the diabetes nurse said no).
ReplyDeleteYour meal last night...I bet you would have been fine without the Coke and bread.
Hang in there!!!