I can't believe it. My little baby is 3 months old now. He is getting bigger every day and just seems to be doing something new all the time. I also can't believe how much I love him sometimes. I knew I would love him, but I never realized my heart could just continue to expand and fill up with so much love every day.
Some thoughts since I never seem to have time to really blog anymore:
1. Thank goodness for the Ergo. We use it all the time and he just falls asleep so easily in it.
2. I'm scared to go back to work. I'm excited to go back to work. I'm going to be totally exhausted.
3. We're still breastfeeding and bottlefeeding... that is, I breastfeed him and then he gets an ounce of breastmilk from the bottle. I just can't get him off the bottle. I wish I could just breastfeed him without a bottle afterwards. We're also still using a nippleshield which I also hate but he is used to it. I guess there are worse problems to have so I'm just going to go with it.
4. We finally found him a daycare for when I go back to work.
5. We bought condoms and thought it was hilarious: We'd rather sleep than have sex. AND it would be some kind of miracle if one of Mr. R's guys actually made it happen on their own. But we don't want to get pregnant and my OB has scared me into using birth control because she "has seen it happen" to people like us.
6. Having a newborn was really really hard and we were exhausted all the time. Having a baby is still hard but we're getting used to our new life and starting to feel like a little family.
And... the last awesome news is that little R is sleeping really well at night. He usually goes down around 8 pm, wakes at 2 am, and then is up for the day at 5:30 am. This might sound horrible to some but it is way way way better than every 2 hours that he did when he was newborn!
Off to do some chores before little R wakes up from his nap!
1097th Friday Blog Roundup
10 hours ago

Glad everything is going so well! Hope the transition back to work goes smoothly...I'm looking at that happening soon myself...
ReplyDelete