Wednesday, January 19, 2011

IUI #2

Today was our second IUI. I feel very numb about this cycle, possibly because i am ovulating earlier than usual (cd 14 instead of 18-20) and so i haven't had time to do my sitting around and thinking "when am i going to ovulate already?" I am actually appreciating the numbness right now, because I don't want to think what a BFN would mean this cycle.

DH's count after the wash came back lower than last time at approx. 1 million. Sigh. The nurse said that it wasn't likely for it to work (they like the count to be >10 million) but i had the option of doing it anyway, so i went for it. Afterwards I laid back and relaxed for about 10 minutes. Not sure if it will help, but definitely worth trying.

Anyway, now we're home and trying to not think about it. I'm thinking that we need a vacation, preferably somewhere warm and tropical, where we can just relax and enjoy being a couple. hopefully that will happen sooner than later.

21 comments:

  1. Mrs. R - really hoping it will work for you, I know how heartbreaking it is to get the low numbers (been there, done that..) on the positive side, our RE was saying that they would like to see 5 million, so you are not that far off, and always remember IT ONLY TAKES ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is the hardest part. I am wishing you the best of luck with this cycle. And now you've got me daydreaming of a tropical island escape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you were left with so many questions but I hope you get a happy surprise and have this cycle work for you. Good luck.

    ICLW #59

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your iui. I'm sorry the nurse didn't think it would work, but there is still a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting from ICLW. Good luck!! Spend your waiting time planning that tropical vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter was conceived when my DH had the flu. TMI, but proves that it just takes one motivated little swimmer. :)

    (visiting via ICLW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I hope this is the one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I speak from experience when I say, spend some time daydreaming about a vacation, then PLAN IT! It is a great thing to take your mind off the tww.

    Hope this cycle turns out to be the one!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ICLW and tropical vacation planning sounds like a wonderful distraction during the 2ww.

    I'll be cheering for one of those million swimmers! Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck with this iui cycle. Remember it only takes one! I hope it works for you! Visiting from ICLW #58

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, just visiting from ICLW, I hope your 2ww goes nice and quick and you get your BFP.
    I agree with Mrs Gamgee,when you're dealing with all of this it's great to plan something to look forward to-go for it!
    Best wishes!
    Ants #133

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here from ICLW. Good luck for your cycle. I agree about planning a holiday, it really takes your mind off things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know it's practically impossible but keeping focused on something else is really helpful (I wish I could listen to my own advice!) Lots of luck to you during the 2ww!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! Hope you get wonderful news in two weeks!

    ICLW #192

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending you lots of hopeful thoughts and crossing my fingers for you.

    Happy ICLW.

    -Elphaba

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here from ICLW, I know how hard it is to feel hopeful about IUI's. I was the same going through mine. Sorry the count wasn't stellar but hoping this is it for you anyway! Crossing fingers you get the vacation you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck! Getting low numbers on an IUI can be so stressful. We had pretty low numbers on ours, too. But like they say, you only need one
    Here's to the one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some support! Just wanted to wish you lots of sticking vibes in your 2WW. I know how difficult IUI's can be. Hang in there and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best of luck with this IUI cycle! Hoping you get a BFP!

    ICLW #131

    ReplyDelete
  20. good luck, I hope the negative nurse was wrong. and after all, it only takes one good one :D

    Good luck keeping your mind occupied during the tww.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your support! I gave you an award on my blog. - and I don't know if I ever responded back. We are in fact going to do ICSI. I think it is pretty common practice now anyway, but we definitely are going to do it! How are you holding up with the 2WW?

    ReplyDelete