i'm hanging in here... taking it one day at a time, taking my occasional half tablet of my anti-nausea medicine when i feel totally defeated in the evening. i'm learning that if i just keep something in my stomach i will feel ok. and it can't be just anything. right now my list of go-to foods is:
1. apple juice (in juice boxes)
2. honey nut cherrios
3. sparkling water with lemon (for some reason the bubbles in Arrowhead water are the most fizzy and feel good on my thoat and stomach)
4. preggie pop drops (help take the edge off)
5. string cheese
6. yogurt (the kids kind where it is premixed with no fruit chunks)
7. Ritz Peanut Butter bits (ritz crackers that have peanut butter between them)
8. vanilla ice cream
it seems that some days/mornings/afternoons/evenings are better than other and the go-to food list changes as certain foods become associated with nausea (i can't eat baked potatoes anymore, which were so popular with me in the beginning). i just managed to eat an entire grilled cheese with tomato for dinner!
i'm still waiting for my little baby to start showing... it seems that maybe i have a bump coming out above my pubic bone? i am now extra bloated in the tummy area.
first prenatal appointment at my OB/GYN's office on thursday - looking forward to it, but wish there was an ultrasound involved!
Outrage Machine
14 hours ago

Congrats on your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question, I puked through week 12 or so and was nauseous through week 13/14 or so. Hopefully yours won't last as long!
Also, I'm not sure how long you've been following me, but you should consider allowing email responses - it's much easier than me commenting on a random post of yours in response to a question.
http://mycheapversionoftherapy.blogspot.com/2011/06/virtual-hugs.html
hey I hope you start to feel better soon! I think the food aversions are the worst that and being able to smell just about anything... also I was kinda saddened cause I called my doctor and come to find out that my next check up is just a nurse visit .. so no ultrasound till I'm 16 weeks... :(.. I was hoping to see my baby here soon.. 8 more weeks till I get there and that sucks..
ReplyDeleteHope your appointment yesterday went well. I'm with you on the nausea...not fun but so worth it if we get a baby in the end, right? Hang in there...
ReplyDelete