Monday, August 1, 2011

6 weeks!

from babycenter.com, it's the size of a lentil!
my life is measured in weeks now. i spend so much time googling the week i'm in and then the next week to see whats coming up. 


My Symptoms
Nausea: Started at the end of week 5, with me feeling kind of sick after eating a big meal, eventually progressing to me waking up and feeling totally nauseated first thing in the morning to about early afternoon, around 1 pm, and then i'm ravenously hungry. then the nausea seems to come and go, but much more tolerable, and i'm able to eat some protein and some real food.  


Tired: I'm not as tired as I thought I would be (at least so far). I'm definitely starting to consider napping in my car at lunch, but I'm managing right now to power through it. Maybe this will get worse later?


Cravings (these only happen in the afternoon): The salt craving is back. At "lunch" today I powered through about a third a bag of Smartfood (which ended up resulting in achy tummy).  Right now there is something for me about cheese and salt. Yum. 


Weepy: I can start crying so easily. Not really about sad things, but more happy or awesome things. Seriously peoples, I started crying at a Phil Collins song on the radio, "In the Air Tonight" because of the lyrics "I've been waiting for this moment for all my life" and how i've wanted to be pregnant and a mommy for all my life. I roll my eyes at myself now, but I was seriously tearing up.


Cramping: Ouch! This has woken me up on a couple occasions in the middle of the night. The first time it happened I called the doctor on call at 3 am, even though I had no bleeding. But seriously, the pain felt like this throbbing cramping pain and it hurt so much! She said it was ok as long as it went away and there was no bleeding. 


Bump: No bump yet, just lots of bloating that comes and goes. I keep wondering when I can expect the bump to happen?


Super Smell: I am like a bloodhound right now. Fortunately, the only smells that seem to bother me are things that smell dirty, musty, moldy or old. Ick.


And then for all my excitement and getting comfortable about the idea of being pregnant, i have just as much fear and nervousness about it not happening. We have our first pregnancy ultrasound next week and I'm so scared something will go wrong and all of this will have just been in my head. I'm still even taking pregnancy tests in the morning sometimes to reassure myself that yes, i'm really pregnant. 



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your U/S next week! And sorry to hear about the nausea, but it was interesting for me to read about when it started for you...I'm newly pregnant (4 weeks) and kind of wondering when the nausea will kick in (but praying that it doesn't...)

    ReplyDelete