Wednesday, August 24, 2011

week 9 - ultrasound #2

we had our second ultrasound this morning! it was amazing, totally amazing. the first thing i noticed was how much bigger the baby is and especially how big its head is! the best part was a couple seconds in when the baby started wiggling around!! it was SO SO amazing, it was moving its arms and feet and wiggling its body like it was dancing for us. the funny part was that its head stayed in one place while its body wiggled all around. it was like it was trying to say "hi mom and dad!" it was moving around so much that the doctor wasn't able to get its heart beat calculated at first. wow, i was so moved by the experience. there really is a baby inside me! its just becoming so much more real!

we also officially graduated from our RE's office. The doctor gave me a hug, a pregnancy/birth book, and copies of my pregnancy labs and ultrasound reports and sent us on our way. Afterwards I called the OB that has been recommended to me by several people and the RE and made an appointment for the first week in September. on week 10 i'll also be off Prometrium which simultaneously makes me excited and nervous - no more mess and liners every day, but will the baby be ok without the supplement? i'm sure it will, its just another part of dismantling the pregnancy training wheels.

The only symptoms I really have to report on is that I'm still nauseous and have managed to throw up two times (i'm hoping there will be no more barfing!). The first time was when i took my prenatal without enough food and the second time was first thing in the morning while brushing my teeth (oops). I'm still wearing my seabands and i feel like they help. on the good days i still worry that the baby is no longer alive. on the bad days i feel like the nausea is never going to end and i don't know how to survive. i'm so over dramatic, right??

4 comments:

  1. pregnancy training wheels! I love the analogy .
    Congrats on graduating to the OB - i was SO nervous at our first appt.

    It took me a little doing but I've finally managed to control the nausea by eating the perfect foods at the perfect times. The only time I actually got sick was at 20 weeks when I waited too long between breakfast and lunch. Ginger Beer was a lifesaver in the afternoons too. You are SO not over dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating from your RE!! And so cool you were able to see your little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great ultrasound. And I know what you mean about the nausea...if it's there, I'm miserable. If it's not, I'm afraid the babies have died. No way to win...

    ReplyDelete