Sunday, February 5, 2012

33 weeks!

Well, we made it to 33 weeks. Last Friday's ultrasound showed that baby is growing! and is back in the 10th percentile which is a good improvement over 2 weeks ago where he was in the 5th percentile. Yay! My baby is at least 3lbs14oz.

I'm still in the hospital and on bedrest for monitoring of contractions and baby's heartbeat. The new thing is that baby is having decelerations sometimes with the contractions which is scary. If they keep up and get worse then they will start talking delivery.

Tomorrow morning is another ultrasound to check amniotic fluid and dopplers (blood flow). Hopefully that will turn out ok. I have gone from loving ultrasounds at the beginning of pregnancy (seeing baby) to feeling reluctant about them because now I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We got a couple books to read about preemies from the library. Both are good, but make me very emotional and I can only read a chapter or two of each before starting to get teary.

2 comments:

  1. hopefully he can stay in a bit longer, praying for you and your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also hoping and praying for your baby to stay longer. You are doing great by reaching 33 weeks and its encouraging to hear that your baby is growing.

    ReplyDelete