so far everything is going well, just trying to hold on tight until our 7 week ultrasound. it's hard to go from an ultrasound and bloodwork every other day for ivf, to two betas, and then to nothing for 2-1/2 weeks before our 7 week ultrasound. i'm just hoping and praying and trusting that this little guy is doing well and growing and happy.
i'm a little bit confused about how far along I am. because we did ivf the typical baby due date calendars that use the LMP (last menstrual period) date to determine due date don't quite seem to work. according to ivf.com, i am 5 weeks along yesterday, but according to babycenter.com i'm not 5 weeks until later this week? i know that i can get this clarified at our 7 week appointment, but i just love looking at those pictures of what is happening right now and i want to be imagining the right one. :)
other than that, i'm enjoying all of the changes that are happening to my body - the 4 trips up to pee every night, the salt cravings, the bloating, and even the mild nausea. i know it seems crazy to appreciate all of that, but we have wanted to be pregnant for so long that i am just so happy and excited for this to be finally happening.
1097th Friday Blog Roundup
10 hours ago

Stopping by from ICLW and just want to start by saying a HUGE congratulations on your BFP! The wait between the first beta (I went for 4 in the end) and the scan is endless, far longer than any 2ww through IVF.
ReplyDeleteAs for your due date, take your egg retreival date go back two weeks and use this as your LMP date. My clinic calculated my dates a little differently counting 2 weeks back from transfer day (I had a 3dt), but it's not an exact science and I figured that retrieval was effectively ovulation and we know exactly when fertilisation took place...
Not sure if you have seen the visembryo.com site, but it is great for tracking daily progress of your baba during these early days and while you wait for the scan.
Good luck for your scan and here's hoping you have a perfectly healthy 35 (or so) weeks ahead of you.
Congrats on your BFP! I hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly enough for your scan. May you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
ReplyDelete(ICLW)
This was the hardest wait for me, hoping you are able to stay busy and focus on other things. I'm sure it will go great!
ReplyDeleteICLW #69
congratulations!!! praying for your baby to continue to grow.
ReplyDeletehappy iclw!
#101
Congratulations on your pregnancy...so excited for you! Hope I'm right behind you!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was pregnant my clinic gave me a due date that I could then use to calculate how far along I was...maybe you can ask your clinic for that?
Good luck with the wait for the U/S!
Wanted to check back in on you and so happy to see it worked out! Congratulations!! Here's to a happy, healthy 9 months!
ReplyDelete