Tuesday, June 21, 2011

happy iclw!

happy iclw! welcome and thanks for visiting :) in short, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years now. after lots of testing and no BFP, it turns out that we have male factor infertility. we did four unsuccessful IUIs and finally made the decision to go forward with IVF. so we're on our first IVF cycle this month.

i just took my last birth control pill today and tomorrow i have my suppression check. hopefully my ovaries will be nice and sleepy so that i can get started on the injections. today was also busy - i did my first acupuncture appointment and i did the injection teaching class that my clinic offers.

acupuncture was pretty cool. i'm not sure if it will help anything, but i'm willing to try it! they talked to me for the first half hour about my history and habits, and then did the needles with about 15 minutes of resting. afterwards i felt so strange, sort of dizzy and out of it; my acupuncturist says they call this feeling "acudrunk" and it means i responded well and my energy is flowing. interesting!

9 comments:

  1. Happy ICLW Mrs. R, your opening sentence in your "About Me" section sounds like me! :) Good luck on this IVF cycle, I'll be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I found u on ICLW and look forward to following ur journey. We are also facing infertility (male factor). We decided to do an IUI using donor sperm so it's pretty exciting. Hope we can become great blog buddies! :) best wishes to u in ur journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from ICLW. Good luck on your first IVF! We are about to start our first IVF cycle as well and MFI is part of our problem. Hope you continue to like acupuncture, I've found it to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from cyclesista. Hope your suppression check went well. Good luck wtih your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from cyclesistas...good luck with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh... so exciting!! I hope it all goes well for you this cycle! I'm currently pregnant with twins thanks to IVF! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting close! Good luck on your IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from my second ICLW. Good luck on your IVF cycle, and glad to hear that the acupuncture went well. Hope you enjoy future sessions, and meet with a lot of success.

    Best wishes,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm here for ICLW. Good luck this cycle - hoping for the best for you! -ICLW #60

    ReplyDelete