Monday, July 11, 2011

3dp5dt

i'm taking it easy. i'm relaxing. eating. internetting. reading. watching movies. snuggling with my kitties. enjoying.

and i can't stop myself from doing that mental check every couple hours to see if i think i'm pregnant. i have a lot of "getting pregnant is impossible" thoughts still stuck in my head from our almost 2 years of trying before ivf. i'm trying not to be negative, but i don't feel any different. granted, it is only 3 days after the 5 day transfer. but wouldn't the little guy be hatched and implanted? i guess i am just trying to prepare myself for possible disappointment.

my beta is scheduled for this sunday, early in the morning, so that we'll get same day results. i look at the date on the calendar and i am sort of dreading it.

at the same time i am hesitantly letting myself look at Offbeat Mama and read all the birth stories. i look at my embryo's picture that we put on the kitchen chalkboard and i stare at it intensely and longingly, looking at all its cells and how it is floating in the vast blue water, and i think please, little guy, please stay put. we want you so much. let this be it for all of us.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry--I haven't been on here and didn't see any of your updates. I will be thinking good thoughts for you!! Hope Sunday comes quickly--glad things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. R. I barely had any symptoms during my 2ww and even after we had a strong beta test and at over 5 weeks I still don't feel much difference. Don't look into your symptoms, but concentrate on your love for your future baby. Stay positive and it will happen!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2WW is so hard...hang in there! When I was pregnant it was towards the end of the 2WW before I had symptoms, so I wouldn't worry this early.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your head up...this really is the hard part. My wife bought a bulk order of 100 pregnancy tests and used them day after day. I was like, "Are you insane?" (because that's how supportive I am...j/k). Her response: "I like to see it show positive!"

    ReplyDelete