i'm now 1 day past my 5 day transfer (1dp5dt), the first time i've ever been able to say that.
we transfered 1 embryo yesterday, which was a grade AB. Per their grading system, the A is for the baby part of the embryo and the B is for the placenta portion.
we arrived at our appointment time a little early and i had just finished drinking my water. they had asked that I drink 24-32 oz a half hour before the appointment time. they took us back to the special transfer rooms, which are much fancier than the regular rooms. there was a frosted sliding window between the room and lab, a flat screen tv across from the exam table, and a fancy exam table with serious thigh stirrups (i have to say, i actually prefer the thigh stirrups because i can totally relax my legs and not feel like i have to hold them in one position).
so we got situated and the ultrasound technician came in to check my bladder. apparently it was not cooperating and had nothing in it! so we had to wait 15 minutes for it to fill up, which thankfully it did. then the embryologist came in and told us that we had one great embryo and that they were recommending SET (single embryo transfer). she showed us a picture and i immediately teared up. this was it, the moment i had been waiting for and the farthest we have ever gotten towards pregnancy.
the transfer was pretty easy, except for the pressing on my bladder part! for the ultrasound, i was thankful to get to skip the usual probe and for them to use the stomach thing instead. my bladder got fuller and fuller though and got very uncomfortable. i got to watch the ultrasound happening on the tv screen as they threaded the cathedar though my cervix and into my uterus. it was pretty painless since they could see where it was going and which way they needed it to turn, unlike the IUIs where it sort of just felt like they were poking around until it went through. Once the cathedar was in, the window between the lab and my room opened and the embryologist was there, ready with our little embryo under a microscope. We saw it on the tv screen as she had us double check our names on the label on it's petrie dish. We watched as it was sucked into a tube which was passed to the doctor. She connected the tube to my cathedar and pushed it in. Afterwards the embryologist checked the tubing to make sure it wasn't still in the tube. It was hard to realize that I had that little embryo inside me when I didn't feel any different.
They all left and DH and I were told to wait for 15 minutes with me lying on my back. Good thing I brought a book to keep me distracted from my bladder. I finally made it to 15 minutes and then ran to the bathroom next door. Whew! It felt so good to pee but I was so worried about the little embryo falling out!
We went home and I laid on the bed and the couch for the rest of the day. We also learned that we had 4 embies that will be frozen, and 9 more that they are going to watch until day 6.
I'm so excited but i don't feel any different and I just want this to work!
1097th Friday Blog Roundup
10 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment